Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Sara Rodgers (London/UK)
Erika Bro (Sydney/Australia)
Immediate Past Global Chair:
Emily Hennessy (Nashville/USA)
Founder and Faculty Adviser
Hope Corbin (Bellingham/USA)
- Adapting a water, sanitation, and hygiene picture-based curriculum in the Dominican RepublicGlobal Health Promotion, Ahead of Print. Water, sanitation, and hygiene issues present barriers to health in rural Dominican Republic. Limited access to adequate water, sanitation, and hygiene accompanies a prevalence of water, sanitation, and hygiene-related diseases. To address these issues, an education and behavior change program using community health clubs has been adapted for areas […]
- Effectiveness of a school-based mental health education program in an impoverished urban area of PeruGlobal Health Promotion, Ahead of Print. This study aimed to evaluate the effectiveness of a school-based mental health education program in preventing adolescent suicide attempts in an impoverished urban area in Peru, as part of an Official Development Assistance project by the Korea International Cooperation Agency. The PRECEDE-PROCEED model informed the effectiveness study. In this […]
- La promotion de la santé à l’ère des Objectifs de développement durableGlobal Health Promotion, Volume 26, Issue 3, Page 99-101, September 2019.
- Health promotion in the sustainable development goal eraGlobal Health Promotion, Volume 26, Issue 3, Page 3-4, September 2019.
- ResúmenesGlobal Health Promotion, Volume 26, Issue 3, Page 122-127, September 2019.
- Adapting a water, sanitation, and hygiene picture-based curriculum in the Dominican Republic
- Global leaders pledge US$2.6 billion to eradicate polio at the Reaching the Last Mile Forum in Abu DhabiToday, global leaders convened at the Reaching the Last Mile (RLM) Forum in Abu Dhabi to affirm their commitment to eradicate polio and pledge US$2.6 billion as part of the first phase of the funding needed to implement the Global Polio Eradication Initiative’s Polio Endgame Strategy 2019-2023. This pledging event comes on the heels of […]
- Sweeping Agreement Inked by WHO and African Union to Accelerate Vital Health GoalsToday the African Union (AU) Commission and the World Health Organization (WHO) signed an historic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) cementing their mutual commitment to expand and deepen their relationship and cooperation.
- Major milestone for WHO-supported Ebola vaccineThe World Health Organization (WHO) welcomes the European Medicines Agency (EMA) announcement recommending a conditional marketing authorization for the rVSV-ZEBOV-GP vaccine, which has been shown to be effective in protecting people from the Ebola virus. Today’s announcement by EMA, the European agency responsible for the scientific evaluation of medicines developed by pharmaceutical companies, is a key […]
- Global leaders pledge US$2.6 billion to eradicate polio at the Reaching the Last Mile Forum in Abu Dhabi