Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- La promocion de la salud aplicada a las enfermedades infecciosas
- Preparing for Ebola outbreaks: not without the social sciences!
- Health promotion applied to infectious diseases
- Unravelling India's tobacco epidemic - priorities and recommendations for the second round of Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS)The Global Adult Tobacco Survey, or GATS, has proved to be an invaluable tool for policymakers. In India, it highlighted the alarming rates of prevalence of use and risks both nationally and at state level. However, a rapid analysis of GATS-India shows that there are limitations in methods (sampling, questionnaire, measures undertaken to ensure data […]
- Recurrence of Ebola transmission in LiberiaOn 9 May 2015, Liberia marked an important milestone in the management of their Ebola outbreak. On that day, the country was declared free of Ebola transmission because no new cases had been identified for 42 days after the safe burial of the last person confirmed to have been infected with Ebola virus disease. Although […]
- Managing contacts in the MERS-CoV outbreak in the republic of KoreaIn June 2015, WHO and the Republic of Korea’s Ministry of Public Health and Welfare presented the results of their joint assessment of the MERS outbreak. The assessment led to a series of recommendations, which incorporated specific actions to halt the spread of the virus, including early and complete identification and investigation of all contacts; […]
- Lack of sanitation for 2.4 billion people is undermining health improvementsLack of progress on sanitation threatens to undermine the child survival and health benefits from gains in access to safe drinking water, warn WHO and UNICEF in a report tracking access to drinking water and sanitation against the Millennium Development Goals. The Joint Monitoring Programme report, Progress on sanitation and drinking water: 2015 update and […]
- Recurrence of Ebola transmission in Liberia