Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
- *ESSE on Conférence de l’Association Canadienne de Santé Publique : Perspective d’une étudiante
- Laura Mercedes Walters Espaillat on Constitución de la Red Latinoamericana de estudiantes y jóvenes profesionales de la Unión Internacional de Promoción de la Salud (UIPES) / Engaging Students in Latin America: First steps to an Active Network
- Marie J. Grimm on ISECN in Thailand 2013: We need your input!
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Revisiting the Asset Model: a clarification of ideas and terms[…]
- Ethique de la recherche en sante mondiale : la relation Nord-Sud, quel partenariat pour quelle justice sociale ?La recherche en santé mondiale s’inscrit dans une volonté de mobiliser des connaissances au service d’interventions et de politiques publiques pour l’atteinte équitable du bien-être commun, notamment en matière de santé. Elle joue un rôle primordial en ce sens, en favorisant l’implication des communautés et leur autonomisation et de nombreuses lignes directr […]
- Implementing the ban on smoking in Israeli pubs: measuring airborne nicotine and enforcement by local authoritiesBackground: In 2007 an amendment to the law restricting smoking in pubs and bars (P&Bs) was enacted in Israel. However, a year after the ban only slight decreases in airborne smoke in P&Bs in one city have been reported. Purpose: We aimed to assess levels of airborne nicotine in Israeli P&Bs and to measure ifself-reported enforcement of the law b […]
- Revoyons le modele fonde sur les atouts en clarifiant les idees et la terminologie[…]
- Public health reform and health promotion in CanadaMore than 25 years have passed since the release of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion. This document represented a substantial contribution to public health in its emphasis on the economic, legal, political and cultural factors that influence health. With public health renewal underway across Canada, and despite overwhelming support in the public healt […]
- Revisiting the Asset Model: a clarification of ideas and terms
- WHO appalled by attacks on health-care facilities in GazaWHO has been appalled by the continuing trend for health-care facilities, staff and vehicles to come under direct fire in Gaza since the escalation of violence on 8 July 2014. Sustained calm is needed so thousands of injured people can receive urgently needed health care. It is vital for health facilities and staff to be able to perform their life-saving wor […]
- WHO welcomes global momentum on viral hepatitisOn World Hepatitis Day, 28 July, WHO welcomes new progress in tackling one of the world’s most serious diseases. Viral hepatitis – a group of infectious diseases known as hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E – affects millions of people worldwide, causing acute and chronic liver disease and killing close to 1.4 million people every year. “For years, viral hepatitis h […]
- WHO Statement on Mr Glenn Thomas, WHO Media Officer who died in the MH17 planeIt is with deep sadness that we have to inform you that WHO lost one of our colleagues on the Malaysian Airlines crash yesterday. Glenn Thomas from the Department of Communications was travelling to the International AIDS Conference in Australia. His twin sister says he died doing what he loved. Glenn had been with WHO for more than a decade. He came here fr […]
- WHO appalled by attacks on health-care facilities in Gaza