Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
- *ESSE on Conférence de l’Association Canadienne de Santé Publique : Perspective d’une étudiante
- Laura Mercedes Walters Espaillat on Constitución de la Red Latinoamericana de estudiantes y jóvenes profesionales de la Unión Internacional de Promoción de la Salud (UIPES) / Engaging Students in Latin America: First steps to an Active Network
- Marie J. Grimm on ISECN in Thailand 2013: We need your input!
Mensajes / messages en
December 11, 2013 - December 13, 2013 (All Day)
January 15, 2014 - January 17, 2014 (All Day)
January 27, 2014 - January 29, 2014 (All Day)
- ErratumOwing to errors made at SAGE, the article ‘The ‘Ossébo’ intervention for the prevention of injurious falls in elderly women: background and design’ by Patricia Dargent-Molina, Fabienne El Khoury and Bernard Cassou, Global Health Promotion, Volume 20, Supp. 2, June 2013, pp. 88–93, DOI: 10.1177/1757975913483341, appeared with incorrect author affiliations. […]
- Child diet and healthy growth in the context of rural poverty in the Peruvian Andes: What influences primary caregivers' opportunities and choices?This study explored opportunities and choices related to child feeding among women living in a remote and low-income district in the Andean highlands. Data were collected through in-depth interviews with mothers (N = 7) with reputations for providing good child care, and who participated in an NGO-run social and health programme. The aim of this study was to […]
- Obesidad infantil en America Latina: un desafio para la promocion de la salud[…]
- Does law enforcement awareness affect motorcycle helmet use? Evidence from urban cities in ThailandAlthough helmet use has been compulsory for motorcycle drivers and passengers in Thailand since the enactment of the Helmet Act in 1994, recent surveys show that the prevalence of helmet usage remains low, particularly among passengers. This paper has sought to explore motorcyclists’ awareness of helmet law enforcement in Thailand and examine whether it affe […]
- Sur la contribution des personnes utilisatrices de services de sante mentale en tant que partenaires d'enseignement en psychiatrieLe Collège royal des médecins et chirurgiens du Canada prévoit qu’au terme de leur formation, les résidents en psychiatrie pourront agir efficacement en tant que promoteurs de la santé. Ce commentaire présente une analyse d’entrevues réalisées dans le cadre d’un perfectionnement professionnel auprès d’experts mondialement reconnus du rétablissement en santé […]
- Statement on the death of Nelson Mandela6 December 2013 -- With the death of Nelson Mandela the world has lost a great and visionary leader – a global hero for whom a democratic and free society was “an ideal, which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die". […]
- Rebuilding shattered health system an urgent priority in next phase of Typhoon Haiyan response6 December 2013 -- One month after Typhoon Haiyan hit the Philippines, WHO identifies as top priorities expanding essential health services, reviving clinics and hospitals, preventing disease and scaling up mental health services as the relief effort shifts from emergency to early recovery programmes. […]
- WHO Statement on the Fourth Meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee concerning MERS-CoV4 December 2013 -- After the fourth meeting of the Emergency Committee convened by the Director-General under the International Health Regulations (2005), the Committee concluded that it saw no reason to change its previous advice. It was the unanimous decision of the Committee that the conditions for a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC […]
- Statement on the death of Nelson Mandela