Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
- *ESSE on Conférence de l’Association Canadienne de Santé Publique : Perspective d’une étudiante
- Laura Mercedes Walters Espaillat on Constitución de la Red Latinoamericana de estudiantes y jóvenes profesionales de la Unión Internacional de Promoción de la Salud (UIPES) / Engaging Students in Latin America: First steps to an Active Network
- Marie J. Grimm on ISECN in Thailand 2013: We need your input!
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- A pending issue: an analysis of health promotion research in Latin America[…]
- Un asunto pendiente: el analisis de la investigacion sobre promocion de la salud en Latinoamerica[…]
- Finnish pupils' perceptions of health education as a school subjectOnly a few countries have introduced health education (HE) as a stand-alone school subject. In Finland every pupil in basic education grades 7–9 takes three obligatory courses in HE. This study investigated Finnish pupils’ perceptions of the teaching and learning of HE. It also explored how school- and family-related background variables are associated with […]
- Enseigne-t-on l'intervention en cessation tabagique aux futures infirmieres ? Resultat d'une etude descriptiveIntroduction : Les infirmières qui ont reçu une formation en cessation tabagique ont tendance à intervenir davantage auprès des fumeurs que celles qui n’ont pas été formées. Il est démontré qu’une intervention même très brève conduit à une diminution de la prévalence du tabagisme. Or, les programmes qui préparent à l’exercice de la profession infirmière lais […]
- Improving the health status of Caribbean people: recommendations from the Triangulating on Health Equity summitIn 2011, Morehouse School of Medicine convened a summit in San Juan, Puerto Rico, to discuss issues related to the health status of people and communities in the Caribbean region. The summit provided a forum for transparent dialog among researchers, policymakers, and advocates from the Caribbean region and the United States. The summit’s theme—improving the […]
- A pending issue: an analysis of health promotion research in Latin America
- Ebola situation in Nigeria and Guinea: encouraging signsThe outbreak of Ebola virus disease in west Africa continues to evolve, with cases confirmed in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone. At present, no cases have been confirmed anywhere else in the world outside these 4 countries. The situation in Lagos, Nigeria, where the first imported case was detected in July, looks reassuring. At present, the city’s […]
- Statement on travel and transport in relation to Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreakThe current Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak is believed to have begun in Guinea in December 2013. This outbreak now involves community transmission in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone and recently an ill traveller from Liberia infected a small number of people in Nigeria with whom he had direct contact. On 8 August 2014, WHO declared the Ebola virus disea […]
- World Humanitarian Day: WHO calls for protection of health workers in conflicts, disastersAs major emergencies around the globe increase in scale, complexity and frequency, WHO is calling for an end to the targeting of health workers in conflicts and other humanitarian crises, which represent a breach of the fundamental right to health. On tomorrow’s World Humanitarian Day, celebrated every 19 August, WHO will draw attention to the continued tren […]
- Ebola situation in Nigeria and Guinea: encouraging signs