Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- La promocion de la salud aplicada a las enfermedades infecciosas
- Preparing for Ebola outbreaks: not without the social sciences!
- Health promotion applied to infectious diseases
- Unravelling India's tobacco epidemic - priorities and recommendations for the second round of Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS)The Global Adult Tobacco Survey, or GATS, has proved to be an invaluable tool for policymakers. In India, it highlighted the alarming rates of prevalence of use and risks both nationally and at state level. However, a rapid analysis of GATS-India shows that there are limitations in methods (sampling, questionnaire, measures undertaken to ensure data […]
- WHO thanks health workers on World Humanitarian Day 2015On this 12th World Humanitarian Day, 19 August, WHO is drawing the world’s attention to the contributions and sacrifices of health workers who respond to humanitarian crises. More than a decade since the first World Humanitarian Day, the demands on emergency responders are unprecedented, with 82.5 million people in 37 countries needing humanitarian assistance. The […]
- Vaccine hesitancy: A growing challenge for immunization programmesPeople who delay or refuse vaccines for themselves or their children are presenting a growing challenge for countries seeking to close the immunization gap. Globally, 1 in 5 children still do not receive routine life-saving immunizations, and an estimated 1.5 million children still die each year of diseases that could be prevented by vaccines that […]
- Statement on the 6th IHR Emergency Committee meeting regarding the international spread of wild poliovirusThe sixth meeting of the Emergency Committee under the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR) regarding the international spread of wild poliovirus was convened via teleconference by the Director-General on 4 August 2015. The following IHR States Parties submitted an update on the implementation of the Temporary Recommendations since the Committee last met on 24 April […]
- WHO thanks health workers on World Humanitarian Day 2015