Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Participation sociale et promotion de la sante au Salvador (1970-2014)
- Piloting the promotion of bamboo skirt barriers to prevent Nipah virus transmission through date palm sap in BangladeshDrinking raw date palm sap contaminated with infected fruit bat saliva or urine is an important mode of Nipah virus transmission to humans in Bangladesh. Bamboo skirts are an effective way to interrupt bat access to the sap. We conducted a study from November 2008 to March 2009 to explore the effectiveness of higher- and […]
- Educacion sexual: opiniones y propuestas del alumnado y profesorado de los institutos de secundaria de Asturias, EspanaIntroducción: La educación sexual en las escuelas es clave para la formación de los jóvenes y hay evidencia de que los programas integrales tienen resultados en mejorar la salud. Sin embargo, a pesar de las numerosas propuestas puestas en marcha en nuestro país, no hay una incorporación efectiva. Este estudio plantea recoger la opinión del […]
- Culture in salutogenesis: the scholarship of Aaron AntonovskyAaron Antonovsky wrote extensively, although disjointedly, about the roles of culture in salutogenesis. This paper provides a synopsis of his work in this arena. A literature review identified those of his English language writings in which culture was a subject, and relevant text segments were analysed using an inductive followed by a deductive method. Using […]
- Mali confirms 2 new cases of Ebola virus diseaseMali’s Ministry of Health has confirmed an additional 2 new cases of Ebola virus disease. The first, confirmed on 22 November, occurred in the 23-year-old fiancée of the 25-year-old nurse who attended the Grand Imam from Guinea (the index case in this outbreak) and died of Ebola on 11 November. The young woman developed symptoms […]
- Worldwide action needed to address hidden crisis of violence against women and girlsCurrent efforts to prevent violence against women and girls are inadequate, according to a new Series published in The Lancet. Estimates suggest that globally, 1 in 3 women has experienced either physical or sexual violence from their partner, and that 7% of women will experience sexual assault by a non-partner at some point in their […]
- WHO declares end of Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of CongoOn 24 August, WHO was notified by the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) of an outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in Jeera County, Equateur Province. This outbreak, which is unrelated to that affecting West Africa, caused a total of 66 cases of EVD including 8 among health care workers. By 20 November, 42 days […]
- Mali confirms 2 new cases of Ebola virus disease