Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Diez anos del Movimiento de Universidades Promotoras de la Salud en Iberoamerica y la contribucion de la Red Iberoamericana de Universidades Promotoras de la Salud (RIUPS)Las universidades de Iberoamérica han desarrollado importantes acciones para el fortalecimiento de la promoción de la salud en la región. Las acciones universitarias incluyen: la capacitación profesional especializada, el desarrollo de actividades de investigación, el desarrollo de publicaciones, el apoyo a las redes académicas-profesionales, el desarrollo de eventos científicos y profesionales, la incorporación en las […]
- Social capital and health: implication for health promotion by lay citizens in JapanA non-profit organization was formed in 2009 by lay citizens of Nagahama, Japan in response to a community-based genome-epidemiologic study, the ‘Nagahama Zero(0)-ji Prevention Cohort Project (N0PCP)’. This organization aims to promote health by taking advantage of citizens’ social networks. The Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion affirms the importance of creating supportive environments and coordinating […]
- Exploring the potential for internet-based interventions for treatment of overweight and obesity in college studentsObjective: To assess the use of internet-enabled technology for seeking health information and resources in overweight/obese college students. Participants: College students (N = 706) in Vancouver, Canada surveyed in April 2012. Methods: An online survey assessed socio-demographics, health behaviors, and use of internet-enabled technology. Results: Eating habits, dieting and/or exercising to lose weight, and weight […]
- Accelerate expansion of antiretroviral therapy to all people living with HIV: WHOOn World AIDS Day WHO emphasizes that expanding antiretroviral therapy to all people living with HIV is key to ending the AIDS epidemic within a generation. “The Millennium Development Goal of reversing the HIV epidemic was reached ahead of the 2015 deadline - an incredible achievement that testifies to the power of national action and […]
- Statement on the Seventh IHR Emergency Committee meeting regarding the international spread of poliovirusThe seventh meeting of the Emergency Committee under the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR) regarding the international spread of poliovirus was convened via teleconference by the Director-General on 10 November 2015. The Director General of WHO had noted the concerns expressed by the Emergency Committee in its August 2015 report with respect to circulating vaccine-derived […]
- WHO launches toolkit to help countries respond to sexual violenceOn 25 November, WHO joins partners in calling for the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls to ensure their health, well-being and human rights. “WHO strongly condemns violence against women and girls and supports partners and countries’ efforts towards the de-normalization of this type of violence. Ensuring equality between women and […]
- Accelerate expansion of antiretroviral therapy to all people living with HIV: WHO