Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
- *ESSE on Conférence de l’Association Canadienne de Santé Publique : Perspective d’une étudiante
- Laura Mercedes Walters Espaillat on Constitución de la Red Latinoamericana de estudiantes y jóvenes profesionales de la Unión Internacional de Promoción de la Salud (UIPES) / Engaging Students in Latin America: First steps to an Active Network
- Marie J. Grimm on ISECN in Thailand 2013: We need your input!
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- A pending issue: an analysis of health promotion research in Latin America[…]
- Un asunto pendiente: el analisis de la investigacion sobre promocion de la salud en Latinoamerica[…]
- Finnish pupils' perceptions of health education as a school subjectOnly a few countries have introduced health education (HE) as a stand-alone school subject. In Finland every pupil in basic education grades 7–9 takes three obligatory courses in HE. This study investigated Finnish pupils’ perceptions of the teaching and learning of HE. It also explored how school- and family-related background variables are associated with […]
- Enseigne-t-on l'intervention en cessation tabagique aux futures infirmieres ? Resultat d'une etude descriptiveIntroduction : Les infirmières qui ont reçu une formation en cessation tabagique ont tendance à intervenir davantage auprès des fumeurs que celles qui n’ont pas été formées. Il est démontré qu’une intervention même très brève conduit à une diminution de la prévalence du tabagisme. Or, les programmes qui préparent à l’exercice de la profession infirmière lais […]
- Improving the health status of Caribbean people: recommendations from the Triangulating on Health Equity summitIn 2011, Morehouse School of Medicine convened a summit in San Juan, Puerto Rico, to discuss issues related to the health status of people and communities in the Caribbean region. The summit provided a forum for transparent dialog among researchers, policymakers, and advocates from the Caribbean region and the United States. The summit’s theme—improving the […]
- A pending issue: an analysis of health promotion research in Latin America
- WHO statement on the Seventh Meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding MERS-CoVThe seventh meeting of the Emergency Committee (EC) convened by the Director-General under the International Health Regulations (IHR 2005) regarding the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) was conducted with members and advisors of the Emergency Committee through electronic correspondence from 26 September 2014 through 30 September 2014.1 […]
- Experimental Ebola vaccinesFrom 29–30 September, WHO organized an expert consultation to assess the status of work to test and eventually license two candidate Ebola vaccines. More than 70 experts, including many from affected and neighbouring countries in West Africa, attended the event. The expertise represented among participants ranged from the virology of emerging infections, to […]
- Statement regarding interim findings of WHO assessment of deaths of children in Idleb Governorate, SyriaA WHO assessment of the cause of the death of 15 children in rural Idleb, northern Syria has concluded that the most likely cause of the event was the incorrect use of a drug called Atracurium as a diluent for Measles/Rubella vaccine. There is no evidence that the Measles/Rubella vaccine itself or its correct diluent were the cause of this tragic event. […]
- WHO statement on the Seventh Meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding MERS-CoV