Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- La promocion de la salud aplicada a las enfermedades infecciosas
- Preparing for Ebola outbreaks: not without the social sciences!
- Health promotion applied to infectious diseases
- Unravelling India's tobacco epidemic - priorities and recommendations for the second round of Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS)The Global Adult Tobacco Survey, or GATS, has proved to be an invaluable tool for policymakers. In India, it highlighted the alarming rates of prevalence of use and risks both nationally and at state level. However, a rapid analysis of GATS-India shows that there are limitations in methods (sampling, questionnaire, measures undertaken to ensure data […]
- WHO calls for urgent action to curb hepatitisOn World Hepatitis Day (28 July) WHO highlights the urgent need for countries to enhance action to prevent viral hepatitis infection and to ensure that people who have been infected are diagnosed and offered treatment. This year, the Organization is focusing particularly on hepatitis B and C, which together cause approximately 80% of all liver […]
- Global health workforce, finances remain low for mental healthWorldwide, nearly 1 in 10 people have a mental health disorder, but only 1% of the global health workforce is working in mental health. This means, for example, that nearly half of the world’s population lives in a country where there is less than one psychiatrist per 100 000 people. Huge inequalities in access to […]
- WHO lays out plans for financing new global health goal: to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all agesWHO is urging countries to move towards universal health coverage and to scale up international investment in catalytic development funding. The call comes as world leaders travel to the Third UN Financing for Development Conference in Addis Ababa to discuss ways to pay for the new Sustainable Development Goals, to be launched in New York […]
- WHO calls for urgent action to curb hepatitis