Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Mensajes / messages en
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- A pending issue: an analysis of health promotion research in Latin America
- Un asunto pendiente: el analisis de la investigacion sobre promocion de la salud en Latinoamerica
- Finnish pupils' perceptions of health education as a school subjectOnly a few countries have introduced health education (HE) as a stand-alone school subject. In Finland every pupil in basic education grades 7–9 takes three obligatory courses in HE. This study investigated Finnish pupils’ perceptions of the teaching and learning of HE. It also explored how school- and family-related background variables are associated with these […]
- Enseigne-t-on l'intervention en cessation tabagique aux futures infirmieres ? Resultat d'une etude descriptiveIntroduction : Les infirmières qui ont reçu une formation en cessation tabagique ont tendance à intervenir davantage auprès des fumeurs que celles qui n’ont pas été formées. Il est démontré qu’une intervention même très brève conduit à une diminution de la prévalence du tabagisme. Or, les programmes qui préparent à l’exercice de la profession infirmière […]
- Improving the health status of Caribbean people: recommendations from the Triangulating on Health Equity summitIn 2011, Morehouse School of Medicine convened a summit in San Juan, Puerto Rico, to discuss issues related to the health status of people and communities in the Caribbean region. The summit provided a forum for transparent dialog among researchers, policymakers, and advocates from the Caribbean region and the United States. The summit’s theme—improving the […]
- WHO convenes industry leaders and key partners to discuss trials and production of Ebola vaccineWHO convened a meeting with high-ranking government representatives from Ebola-affected countries and development partners, civil society, regulatory agencies, vaccine manufacturers and funding agencies yesterday to discuss and agree on how to fast track testing and deployment of vaccines in sufficient numbers to impact the Ebola epidemic. WHO was called upon by all parties to ensure […]
- Mali confirms its first case of EbolaMali’s Ministry of Health has confirmed the country’s first case of Ebola virus disease. The Ministry received positive laboratory results, from PCR testing, on Thursday and informed WHO immediately. In line with standard procedures, samples are being sent to a WHO-approved laboratory for further testing and diagnostic work. In telephone conversation on Thursday night, health […]
- Statement on the 3rd meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West AfricaThe third meeting of the Emergency Committee convened by the WHO Director-General under the IHR 2005 regarding the 2014 Ebola virus disease (EVD, or “Ebola”) outbreak in West Africa was conducted with members and advisors of the Emergency Committee on Wednesday, 22 October 2014, from 13:00 to 17:10 CET. This meeting was convened in advance […]
- WHO convenes industry leaders and key partners to discuss trials and production of Ebola vaccine