Welcome to the ISECN website!
On our pages you find information about our work, interesting health promotion topics, people, literature and the latest conference and training updates.
We invite you to find out more about us and our parent organization, the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Sara Rodgers (London/UK)
Erika Bro (Sydney/Australia)
Immediate Past Global Chair:
Emily Hennessy (Nashville/USA)
Founder and Faculty Adviser
Hope Corbin (Bellingham/USA)
- Trayectorias de atención en Mayas de México que padecen diabetes tipo 2Global Health Promotion, Ahead of Print. Objetivo:mostrar cómo pacientes de pueblos originarios (Mayas) que padecen diabetes tipo 2 manejan recursos de los diferentes modelos de atención para atender su enfermedad.Material y métodos:el diseño del estudio fue de métodos mixtos de tipo secuencial; incluyó un cuestionario (n=195), entrevistas cualitativas cortas (n=103) y 20 entrevistas a profundidad […]
- Desarrollo del sentido de comunidad: una propuesta para las universidades promotoras de la saludGlobal Health Promotion, Ahead of Print. Resumen:Las Universidades Promotoras de la Salud (UPS) promueven que las personas movilicen sus recursos para participar e influir en las decisiones que les afectan, creando oportunidades de desarrollo para la mejora continua de la salud y el bienestar en el campus. La búsqueda de las condiciones que generan salud […]
- Food store environment examination – FoodSee: a new method to study the food store environment using wearable camerasGlobal Health Promotion, Ahead of Print. Introduction:Food environments shape food behaviours and are implicated in rising rates of obesity worldwide. Measurement of people’s interactions with food stores is important to advance understanding of the associations between the food environment and in-store behaviour. This paper describes a new method, Food Store Environment Examination (FoodSee) to measure […]
- The South American Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior Network (SAPASEN)Global Health Promotion, Ahead of Print. The present article describes the South American Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior Network, which was designed to provide ongoing transnational empirical evidence about physical activity and sedentary behavior in South America. The first goal of this initiative was to form a representative body of researchers and policy makers from […]
- A culturally informed lower-extremity complication prevention program for people living with diabetes in south IndiaGlobal Health Promotion, Ahead of Print. Background:Diabetes and its complications are increasing in frequency worldwide. Lower-extremity complications carry a high risk for morbidity and mortality, yet are largely preventable through education and self-monitoring. In India, rural areas lack access to education, care, and treatment. Despite existing evidence-based programs to reduce diabetes-related lower-extremity complications in areas […]
- Trayectorias de atención en Mayas de México que padecen diabetes tipo 2
- FAO/WHO Codex Trust Fund paternering with the European UnionBuilding Codex GloballyAs part of a multi-donor Trust Fund, the European Union’s contribution of US$ 4,433,802 supported the activities of the FAO/WHO Codex Trust Fund between 2003 and 2016. Since the new Codex Trust Fund (CTF) was initiated in 2016, the European Union has continued its support and was the first donor to make a […]
- WHO calls for urgent action to reduce patient harm in healthcare13 September 2019: Millions of patients are harmed each year due to unsafe health care worldwide resulting in 2.6 million deaths annually in low-and middle-income countries alone. Most of these deaths are avoidable. The personal, social and economic impact of patient harm leads to losses of trillions of US dollars worldwide. The World Health Organization […]
- Vaccination: European Commission and World Health Organization join forces to promote the benefits of vaccinesToday, the European Commission and the World Health Organization (WHO) are co-hosting the world's first Global Vaccination Summit in Brussels. The aim is to accelerate global action to stop the spread of vaccine-preventable diseases, and advocate against the spread of vaccine misinformation worldwide. Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, said: “It is inexcusable that in […]
- FAO/WHO Codex Trust Fund paternering with the European Union