The conference will assess achievements and aims for health promotion globally from Ottawa to Nairobi. It aims to address what works and how, identifying options for action, available processes, and mechanisms and tools. Additionally, the conference aims to:
- implement health in an all policies approach at the country level and apply intersectoral action for health
- exchange experiences in implementing health in all policies
- highlight the value of health promotion activities for health and their relevance for overall societal development and for development policies
- inform about economic aspects of health promotion
- highlight the important role of primary health care in health promotion
- review the progress, impact and achievements of health promotion since the Ottawa conference.